These cupcakes were love at first bite. Love Love Love. Chocolate cupcakes with a light and fluffy frosting. Mmm mmm
We celebrated my nephews very first birthday on Saturday, and I had to make him mini chocolate cupcakes. They were so cute!Perfect for little munchkins, and little mouths.
It took me a while to find a good cupcake and frosting recipe. I don’t like dry cupcakes or buttery frosting. And I don’t like the store bought ones. Way to sweet and chemically loaded. No thanks. I also had a bad experience last time I made cupcakes, the frosting just wouldn’t stay on the cupcakes, so I was a bit worried when I was making these. But…they were so so easy to make and put together. And the frosting had no problem staying put on the cupcake.
I adapted the cupcake recipe from food.com and the frosting recipe from allrecipes.
They were the best cupcakes I’ve ever had. Plus, everyone raved about ‘em. I’ll be making these again and again.
For the frosting:
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Pour the heavy cream into a cold mixing bowl. I just set my mixer and beater in the freezer while I was mixing the first cream ingredients. Beat on high speed for about 3 min, until stiff peaks form.Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until everything is incorporated. Cover and set in the fridge while you’re working on the cupcakes.
For the cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350°F, with rack in the center of the oven.Fill in the cupcake pan with cupcake liners.Mix together 1 cup of hot water and 1/2 tbsp of instant coffee granules.
Whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
Tip: Sift the cocoa powder.
Combine the coffee, oil, vinegar, and vanilla in another mixing bowl.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined, you don’t want to over mix. It’s alright if you have a few lumps in the batter.
Pour about 1 tbsp of the batter into each cupcake liner, or until it’s 1/2-2/3 full. Bake 13-16 minutes.Cool on wire rack for 10 minutesHere’s what I used to decorate.
Add the frosting to a piping bag, and frost away!Mm yummy!
Mini Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Cream Cheese Frosting
Best chocolate cupcakes and frosting recipe ever.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat whipping cream in a cold mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream with cream cheese mixture, until everything is incorporated, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place rack in center oven.
- Insert cupcake liners into cupcake pan.
- Combine the hot water and instant coffee granules.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
- Combine coffee, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients just until combined, it's ok to have a few lumps.
- Place about 1 tbsp of batter into each cupcake liner, or until about half to 2/3 full.
- Bake 13-16 minutes
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, and frost with the whipped cream and cream cheese frosting.
Tagged: cupcakes, frosting